0

Ripples of My Interest

Everything is still,
Everything is static,
For now...
Melting the spirit
Rejoice the nature
Feel the static
Feel the dynamic
No...
They are not motionless
They are vibrating
Too negligible to be mentioned
Too negligible to be noticed
It's their natural frequency
The frequency of vibration
The static vibration
Emitting unforeseenable electromagnetic waves
Interfering and clasing one another
Forming a wavefront that is
Unseenable
Untouchable.

The surface is still,
Water particles vibrate
in their position,
Forces around interfere,
Causing a shade of water interference
Ripples after ripples
Touching the stillness
Waking the asleep
Passing the motion
From the middle of the lake
to the surface of the whole lake
And when it touches its boundary
It reflects back
Bouncing endlessly
Passing the energy everywhere
Until once again
It would come to its end.
But when will the motion stop?
Who is to stop the inertia?

Nodame Cantabile,
The latest drama I've watched
After the success of its drama
It has finally released its Final Series
"交响情人梦最终章"
The story is about one couple
Who are estethically intoxicated into music
Are met with their life challenges.
But one thing ponder my mind,
What's the difficulty with their love?
Is that a must to be equal to be lover?
In this drama, Nodame is in loved with Chiyaki
But Chiyaki is a very successful orchestra conductor
Nodame, though endows with the gift to play piano
Would only deem to be the unpolished crystall
That would only shine upon shedding off the dust and dirt
She tried very hard to catch up Chiyaki's step.
Is that necessary?
Must love be that complicated where both must match each other?
Wouldnt it be good if each having their freedom to pursue each dream?

The drama has inspired me to write this blog.
It's not only about the drama,
But about what I got from it.
First of all,
it has definitely trigger my old interest,
Returning my world back to music
Where musical notes swirling around
The five lines of music sheets
Divine symbols emanating around the notes
Making absolute ornament as accessories
Beautifully articulated tempo and volumn
But without a good waiver,
The music is dead.
I do admit I'm not up to the standard
Starting to learn piano since form 2
Starting with contemporary piano instead of classical
I dont earn the skill and technique of a competent player
I do envy those who are endowed with the skill
But please dont get misunderstood.
I do not desire to hear the thunderous applause,
to be taken by the hand of the conductor
Acknowledging the standing ovation
Receiving bouquet
Reading the glowing pres notices.
I merely want to match the professionalism
to play as fluently
to memorise as completely
to express the composer's intention as deeply.

I could not sit down and play a Chopin ballade
or a devilishly difficult piece of Liszt with consummate,
almost contemptuous ease.
That requires talent?
I guess I could never do it in a thousand years
With hard work? Perhaps
I used to tell myself that I could if I practised more.
Now I merely recognise that gift in others.
I hope one day I could, too
To satisfy my satisfaction
As I enjoy a wide variety of composers
and would like to extend my repertoire.
I would love to hold each piece however long, in my memory
And to be able to think exclusively of the interpretation
as my fingers automatically translated the score into sound.
That must be only a dream.
But the drama has spiced up my interest
Again to touch the world of piano
Perhaps I could work on the simplistic score beforehand.

The drama also taught me the meaning of perfection
There would be no perfection
But near perfection might be achievable
And we must do our best to this stage
To strike for perfection in everything we do
As we may not know whether we have the chance again or not
And if we have it,
The next time,
We must do even better to outweight the past
Stretching our limit
To go beyond our limit of the past
Over our boundary
To reach another realm
Bypassing what we think we are
It may sound simple,
But it comes with price
A price that not much could pay
The power to fight ourselves
Something that is really abstract
How many of us could do that?
How many of us could really say no
To the lure of desire?
The seven sins?
It requires great courage
Be brave and bold
At some be sensitive to tiny details
Again,
A balance must be achieved.

The drama surrounds mostly love
The theme of love
But it depicts a great complexity
Changing oneself to suit for another
To reach to their world
To be a person to whom he likes
Definitely it is a process of love
Where unconsciously
Each of us are changing
But without our realisation
Gradually losing what we originally hold
What's the outcome? Good or bad?
It seems to be no justification.
Sometimes it may be true,
We cant control as what we thing
The nature will take its course
Therefore,
Although I disagree with the theme
But I do agree it is a process of love
This remind me of a song I used to play
"Love changes Everything".

PS: Worth time to watch. Funny and entertaining. Enjoyable music too! ^_^
Nodame Cantabile Drama 1~13,
Notame Cantabile Paris Edition,
Nodame Cantabile Final Scene (released 2010)

0 comments:

Back to Top